Thursday, March 17, 2011

Touchdown.






This is my (basically) final version of my Gabriel picture continued from my last post.
Mostly I am really pleased with this,
Somethings I wish I could fix or realised were off were the proportions, his head is a liiiiiitle big too big and his neck is a litttle bit too short
but mostly I blame that on the fact the body reference and the face/neck were from similar but different angles and I tried to compensate.
I also notice that his left leg looks to be at the same sort of placement as the right leg because there is too much shadow on it, so instead of it looking like it is coming forward it just seems even. ]:
the lower back leg needs a pinch more shading to make it look like it is in the background
and the  larger arched wings are much too defined.. they need to be more base and mute because they are placed farther back and away from the body then the long outstretched pair.
Also I botched the shading on the former pair of wings  on the tips, I tried to create shading from the other pair of wings.. but went too far. I'm not sure how to fix that problem to be honest, I'm not yet there with my traditional skills, I think perhaps if this was digitally painted I would have had the option of playing around more, maybe adding some base overlay colors.. but thats another project to conquer!
andyesIknowthereisnopenis.
my angel, no penis.






HERE IS THE FINAL VERSION ^^^^^^^^^^^

No comments:

Post a Comment